Visitation Rights

Were you denied child custody or visitation rights?

Visitation Rights Attorneys in Temecula

If you are the legal parent of a child, you have the right to visitation, even if you were not granted custody of the child during your divorce. At Holstrom, Block & Parke, a Professional Law Corporation, in Temecula, it is our goal to ensure your rights as a parent are preserved, and that you have the chance to have a continued presence in your child’s life.

The following must be determined in a visitation judgment:

  • The time you are allowed to see your child
  • If a third party is required to supervise the visitation
  • If any child support is ordered by the court

You Need a Lawyer to Protect Your Visitation Rights

The family court system in Riverside County is always concerned with what is in the best interest of the child. When a marriage dissolves, no one is impacted more than the children. The court does everything possible to make sure that the child’s well-being is maintained, which includes constant contact with both parents. Though the primary goal is to have an equitable sharing of parental time, this is not always possible or beneficial to the child.

If you have recently started divorce proceedings in California as a parent, it is likely that the court system will steer you toward mediation. During mediation, a qualified mediator will help you and your former spouse compromise on visitation time. The mediator understands the goals of the court, and attempts to see them through. Even though mediation is an alternative to a trial, it is still wise to have a lawyer present.

If you cannot come to a visitation settlement through mediation, your case will then have to go before a judge. The judge will consider both parents’ positions, and will even sometimes take the child’s wishes into account. The mediator and your attorney will be present to add insight and advocacy for you and your children.

The attorneys at Holstrom, Block & Parke, a Professional Law Corporation, in Temecula are willing to fight for your visitation rights. Call us today for a free phone consultation.