Report Child Abuse & Neglect

In order to help an abused or neglected child you must first recognize the signs of child abuse and neglect.

A single bruise is not always a sign that the child has been abused. Take a look at the following possible signs and see if you recognize any of them on a child you know:

  • Lacks adult supervision
  • Changes in behavior at home and school
  • Medical conditions go untreated
  • Hard time concentrating
  • Always looking around and over his or her shoulder
  • Gets to school early, stays late and does not want to go home

If you suspect your child or a child you know is being abused or neglected, report it to authorities immediately.

Any child who is being abused or neglected needs to be removed from home, and given the chance to live in a loving non abusive alternative. The parents of the child will lose their parental right, guardianship is then awarded to a family member, or the child is taken to CPS and placed with a foster family.

Having a Family Law attorney can help get everything organized, there can be one assigned to the child directly, at times this attorney s given guardianship of the child, serving two roles, ultimately the goal is to ensure the child has a safe home preferably with another family member, going to school, therapy is recommended also.

If any child is ever abused or neglected make sure that they are represented by a Family Law firm that understands the sensitivity, and traumatic this can be for any child. At Holstrom, Block & Parke, our attorneys have the experience, and the resources needed to ensure every child suffering abuse or neglect is safe again. Holstrom, Block & Parke Family Law Attorneys protect the rights of all children.

Contact Riverside’s top child attorneys, providing legal service for all children and providing loyal, confidential, and competent aggressive representation. Call us for a free no obligation consultation.

Professional Legal Help

Our attorneys are waiting to help you

Our Locations

*We do not receive postal correspondence at this address. Please send any desired material to our Corona office for review and distribution.


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.