What happens after I've filed for divorce?


Once you file for a divorce and you have filed the petition in the summons, it's served on the other side to the other party. They have a 30-day period to respond to the action. If they respond within the 30-day period, the process of the divorce will begin moving forward. If they don't respond, there are ways to take their defaults and move forward in that manner. We will discuss your options, plan a course of action with you, file the divorce for you, get them served, and start the process of the divorce for you.

If you're considering filing for divorce, you should talk to an attorney at Holstrom, Block & Parke who can provide you the information that you need to understand the process, understand what's going to happen, and how to move forward with your life after the divorce.

Call (855) 939-9111 Now for a Free Phone Consultation.

We pledge to serve and protect your interests through fast, effective solutions.

Professional Legal Help

Our attorneys are waiting to help you

Our Locations

*We do not receive postal correspondence at this address. Please send any desired material to our Corona office for review and distribution.


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.